Navigation: Home · Paying Sites · Scam List · Testimonies · Business News
Google

Thursday, April 10, 2008

Normocock.cn and Stormcodec8.exe


Heads up guys, another scam site named Normocock is exploiting the Stormcodec8.exe executable file that contains the Email-Worm.Win32.Zhelatin.wt (Kaspersky Antivirus) worm. I found this blog, bgotwnpqwctsb.blogspot.com in my spam email today and it forwarded me to Normocock. On Normocock, there is a text that tells me that I have no Stormcodec8.exe on my computer, and instructs me to download it so that I may preview the scam site. Of course, I'm not stupid enough to fall on this type of deception.

Note that Stormcodec is used to play Stormcodec-dependent videos. Apparently, it appears that the online hoodlums attempt to scam people by exporting their poop on our computers. Who are they targeting? Those countries that frequently use the said codec..

The Programmers behind the thrash

They are a group called "Zhelatin" by some, while others call them the "Storm" gang. It has been rumored that the team is falling apart, and has loss some of its programmers and designers, good for them!

It's too bad that this group wasted their talents on stupidity, if they had only used it for something good, then they should have earned not just my respect, but those of others as well.

No comments: