Navigation: Home · Paying Sites · Scam List · Testimonies · Business News
Google

Monday, March 24, 2008

Alertpay Bug Issues!

Only recently, I came upon the news about Alertpay, it seems that they are having bugs on their system. The bug occurs when you try to withdraw cash from your Alertpay and transfer it into your bank account, when you do it, the system warns you that you cannot withdraw more than the available balance eventhough you have more deposit than the requested withdrawn amount.

Below is a snapshot of the error.. click on the picture to enlarge..



According to the source, they contacted Alertpay's Customer Support, and seemed to have been ignored. It took them a couple more tries before Alertpay actually responded. This is very unlikely of Alertpay, I recall having some problems with my account on Alertpay in the past, and when I contacted them, I get a prompt reply. However, now seems to be different. It could be possible that the bug is not only limited to the bank transfer protocol, it may have also involved the Contact/Support scripts as well.

Possible Causes

Alertpay seems to be reluctant to tell its members about the current bug issues they were having. The reason is pretty obvious if yo ask me.. they simply don't want to loss their users' trust/confidence on their system. The bug issues had been there earlier, according to other sites and forums dated as early as February 2008, Alertpay had installed new scripts on their site. This move was to install some new features, and most probably, to improve the security of the site, unfortunately, the new scripts seems to had caused some problems on their system. The first bug report, I was able to document, involves logging into the system. This was followed by a downtime, and now.. this.. my guess on this matter is that Alertpay is currently beta testing their site. Actually, they were already into this, but since most PTC sites had transferred into their system due to the Paypal Issue, they had to keep quiet about the matter, and solved it silently. If I were Alertpay, I will of course do the same. You see, opportunity comes knocking on your door only once. They cannot miss this opportunity because of a system problem. But, of course, my opinion here are just possible theories, only Alertpay can really answer these issues.

2 comments:

Dean Lee said...

Hi there!

You've got some really interesting content here on your blog. I actually just found you through digg. It's a wonder your articles don't get more votes!

I've actually been having the same problem with my own blog, DeanAndTheCaptainsBlog.blogspot.com. It seems like it's impossible to make the front page unless you are a top user or a site that already has tons of traffic. I've actually heard that these sites do all types of things to get more votes.

The only chance us little guys have is to work together, so I've been working to set up a networking group of like minded bloggers. Nothing illicit, just a group of friends to network with and exchange the occasional Digg or Stumble. I've heard this is crucial for getting any real traffic from these sites.

If this sounds like something you'd be interested in, we'd love to have you as a part of our group. Just email me back at leedean81@gmail.com with your email address and I'll give you the details.

Look forward to hearing from you soon!

Warmest Regards,

Dean

Anonymous said...

Actually, I have readers, only a few though, I know, because I have a means to monitor my blog activity. But, it doesn't matter. I simply love blogging, and I like to share my ideas to the world.

This site is still new so it has little content. People has a lesser chance of getting attracted to blogs that had little or no value. However, I believe that if you keep posting, you'll eventually end up on the place you want to be.

Anyway, I have emailed you. I'm interested of what you have in mind.