Navigation: Home · Paying Sites · Scam List · Testimonies · Business News
Google

Saturday, May 3, 2008

Tyuan.altervista.org spams

Another loser has thrown spam mails on the Internet, this time, a mail that redirects you to Tyuan.altervista.org's malicious links. This is what the mail looks like...


Click on picture to enlarge


I knew as soon as I opened the mail that it was a trap, seeing how good it excites my curiosity, nevertheless, I was curious and wanted to open it so badly in order to find out what's the link for, however, before doing anything stupid, I activated my PC's defenses just to be on the safe side. With all set, I ventured into the spam link..

The link redirected me to a page that further redirects me to a page that loads a trojan injector, identified as Trojan-Downloader.Win32.Agent.nvk by Kaspersky Internet Security Suite. My computer attempted to download a .exe file that has undefined purpose. See picture below..


Click on picture to enlarge


I dare not install the file anymore, but judging on how the spammer wanted it on your computer so badly could tell you that the spammer is up to no good.

Now note that viruses like these could damage your computer, but it's better compared to a virus that steals your personal information, as this could often lead to your account being hacked by unknown individuals.

Further Site Details

Domain Name: altervista.org

Status: CLIENT TRANSFER PROHIBITED, CLIENT UPDATE PROHIBITED

Registrar: Tucows Inc. (R11-LROR)

Expiration Date: 2010-12-22 18:05:39
Creation Date: 2000-12-22 18:05:39
Last Update Date: 2008-04-11 00:00:08

Name Servers:
ns1.altervista.org
ns2.altervista.org
ns3.altervista.org

Extended Info

IP Address: 216.127.94.127
IP Location: United States
Website Status: active
Server Type: Apache
Alexa Trend/Rank: 1 Month: 243 3 Month: 235
Page Views per Visit: 1 Month: 6.8 3 Month: 7.2
Cache Date: 2008-05-02 17:14:13 MST
Compare Archived Data: 2007-05-11

The site has a good front, but with something evil inside.. I suggest you stay away from this site..

No comments: